Saturday, July 07, 2007

Wow I am getting married in a month...

One month to go... and my life becomes altered once again, a paradigm shift from single and living on my own to married with children and not the sitcom... another big move (physically and metaphorically) and a whole new life in a small Saskatchewan city. North Battleford to be exact. The whole North Battleford / Battleford area is beautiful, the pace is slow, and a lot of people do not obey yield or stop signs lol... you don't expect to get anywhere fast out there as everyone seems to be moving at a much slower pace... LOTS of farm plates lol... nice to see there are a few amenities that Saskatoon has, a Canadian Tire (very important if you are a guy), Mark's Work Wearhouse (very important if you are a big guy and thats all you wear), and of course a Walmart. McDonalds and A&W are there too, but I prefer the Subway... even a Vern's Pizza. In Saskatoon the Co-op is a smaller business... in North Battleford they have their own MALL lol... and of course there is a Sobeys... We discovered that one of the hotels on the outskirts of North Battleford has a Smitties and a larger discovery is a dessert with the name ROLO in it... mmmmmm... town is full of history, the Northwest Mounted Police had a barracks there and a fort, and the whole place seems to live up to its slogan "Where the past is present" although LOL my first thought was oh no going to be living in a backwards hick town lol... at 14000 people seems everyone knows everyone there... http://www.cityofnb.ca/ theres the website if you are curious lol...

Oh yeah... back on track here... I love bunny trails lol ya never quite know where they gonna end up... yeah so new life... married with children... hmmm... yadda... yadda... oh yeah, new church... Living Faith Chapel or the "LFC' as it is named my new church... we are still trying to figure out how two entire households are going to meld into one, lots of stuff... and I already pared it down... that is going to be quite a challenge... it really has hit though that in one month this whole new life kicks into gear... seems like not a lot of time and so very much to do... on the other side of this I am sure it will look pretty amazing as well... got a lady who is so amazing beside me through this all, soon to be my wife... It is going to be so awesome. I cannot wait to take a month off either... at the prompting of my sweetheart, I decided that is what I am going to do... spend some time with the boys... do some r&r... do a lot of work getting settled in...

Darcy is getting her dress made... fittings galore... we are making our own cake... she is making all the decorations... what a lady... I just have to pay for the actual wedding... the catering and the location and the photos... some new clothes to get hitched in lol... I am sure looking forward to the honeymoon, some time away just me and her... plan is still for West Ed mall Roman room... I cannot wait to crawl into the Jacuzzi lol... one of the few places where you can go ice skating AND swimming in the same afternoon under the same roof LOL... it should be awesome...

Its all sinking in and looking like it is going to be a wild ride...

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

make sure you go on the mind bender for me!!! Everytime I go to the west ed mall, I can't go on the roller coaster becuase I'm pregnant!

Hope you have an awesome time to just bond, glue and be together! Still super happy for you guys!