Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wow... Turning 40...

Well today is my birthday. 40 years old... WOW never thought I would be 40, weird thing, 10 more years is 50, scary how the years go past a guy. I had seen it coming for a while, white hair growing in, but now, 40... Reminds me of the song by Randy Stonehill, called, Turning 30, just adding another 10 years lol! I remember when 25 was a big deal, then 30, 40 seems so far off... and 50 well, only OLD people were 50. Got kids calling me "SIR" at gas stations, sheesh! I don't feel like a "Sir" I still feel like an 18 year old at heart, though my body would disagree some mornings... some days almost feel 80 lol... noticing other friends of mine, turning grey, kids graduating, going to college, etc. and realizing we are all getting older. Realizing that now, more than ever, only the things that really matter are worth anything on this earth. Friends, Family, God... how we fight over such minor things that in the light of a lifetime are really trivial. Learning that picking our battles is so important. Thinking that more or less, on average, half of my life is over. What I want to do with the last half of my life and how much of the first half I had squandered in nonsense, or as King Solomon said "Meaningless" stuff, and a lot of life's stuff is meaningless. A lot of life needs to be lived a lot more purposefully for sure. LOL! Rambling on lol... it seems here. Life is too short someone said, and I do believe it now. We are just a blip on the radar of eternity, and what we do here somehow makes a Huge difference on what happens in life, here and ever after. As I get older I realize that spirituality and faith is much more of value than things that pass away. The afterlife now tends to hold more sway in the panorama of my vision than it used to when I was younger, and there is more of a need to get to the point of issues, issues that matter than when I was young and foolish. Time seems to have gotten up from a crawl and started running away from me, more and more, and when captured for a while, time is more and more valuable. Mabey these are all things everyone goes through when they get older and become more reflective on their lives, I don't know. Never been here before :) But life definitely does get more interesting the older you get. Ask me again when I get another 40 years under my belt LOL!

God Bless Ya'll Real Good! Steve "Moose" Funkner

3 comments:

Carolynn said...

great to see you're spending some time blogging and thanks for the updates on what's going on in your life. I will continue to pray for you and the family as you continue to struggle to adjust to each other. I can believe that it is tough, but keep on working at it.

CWG said...

Hey bud
I was driving to Giant tiger and saw this....thought you would be interested.
http://saskhouses.com/listing/detail/?listing_id=13026

Trail Rider said...

your going to 41 soon if you don't give us another update!! LOL
how's it goin?