Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Man Under Construction

Man Under Construction...

Haven't posted for a while been going through a lot of things namely a Transformations course by a man named Greg Mitchell at church,

The Purple book discipleship program:

http://www.everynationstore.com/Detail.bok?no=3

and...Junior Youth is back on and I am a leader, am trying to keep up with my accountability dudes, and trying to live a life, and catch all the Roughrider games besides :) Man it has been a stretching time. But good. It is definitely building a "new and improved" faith into my life.

In other news...spent the long weekend with my family in the town of Carrot River Saskatchewan (where there is no river and there are no carrots) where recently (within the last few years) a crocodile was found:

www.town.carrotriver.sk.ca/teleorhinus.htm

Very interesting to find a crocodile in a place where it snows every year :) A great PALAEONTOLOGICAL (my big word for today) find...

Other interesting discoveries in Carrot River were home cooked meals (which I haven't had recently) Turkey Dinners, and all the fixin's Awesome! Beats the heck outta 2 dollar TV dinners (ok...that is not ALL I eat, Just MOSTLY what I eat LOL!)

All in all life has been good to me so far...considering the circumstances.

Well thats my update, yup, think that is all I wanted to say...except this:

Bilbo continued in a much less than enthusiastic voice, "I…" he started as he went into his pocket, and pulled out an object. What is concealed in his hand, the crowd doesn't know…

He put his hands behind his back and continued muttering to himself, "…I… have things to do… "

The crowd put on expressionless faces, even Frodo…

"…I've put this off for far too long," Bilbo mutters to himself even more as the crowd continued to be speechless at his behavior, waiting for him to say something…

…Finally he spoke, "…I regret to announce, this is the end…!

"…I'm going now, I bid you all a very fond farewell…"

The crowd was even more speechless at Bilbo's latest remark. He looked at his nephew, Frodo one last time, "…goodbye."

And then…

…Bilbo vanished. The crowd gasped at what they saw. Gandalf was more than shocked to see Bilbo vanish before his eyes…

http://www.samizdat.com/fanfics/john/rurouni_kenshin_and_%20the_%20lord_%20of_%20the%20rings_chapter3.html

From Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings
Prologue: One ring to rule them all
A Fanfiction by: John the Visionary, Docwho4243@aol.com

http://www.samizdat.com/fanfics/john/rurouni_kenshin_and_%20the_%20lord_%20of_%20the%20rings_prologue.html

Bless Ya -Moose

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

the last time I watched the movies, I was totally spiritually inspired by the gollum/smeegle thing. Just how it was a physical demonstration of a spiritual truth of what really happens in the spirit realm. Gollum had no choice but to leave, for smeegle didn't welcome him. But in a moment of vulnerability and weakness, gollum knew just when to come back. smeegle had opened the door to doubt and fear. His voice when he calls to smeegle is was quite home hitting for me. "smeeeeegle.....smeeeeegle..."

I don't know if you know what I'm talking about. Blessings! LOL to finding a croc in carrot river. I didn't know there was no river!