Friday, October 14, 2005

Tired

Tired.

Man am I wasted. Seems lately I have been in a spiritual/physical whirlwind.

I could pull a Rip Van Winkle for about 10 years 'cept I am no where near Sleep Hollow :)

Why is it that the more time saving devices we aquire to save more time, we proportionately lost more time as we aquire said devices?

I thought computers were supposed to give us more time for our lives, however, I am chained to one so much I should rent myself out as a glow light.

Seriously just hook me up to the power grid and I could probably contribute.

I am thinking that gamma rays off computer monitors cannot be healthy...Just a theory.

This sedinary lifestyle cannot be good. I can only think that when we were bonking beasts over the head and dragging them home to eat that mankind as a whole was probably in way better physical shape.

Like my buddy Chuck always says "Round IS a shape" (insert grin here)

A few years ago I would of never dreamed of being at a desk job. I was always doing heavy physical labour and I was in great shape.

Seems crazy but I remember having way more energy after work and not experiencing a mind numbing burnt out sensation when I got home at night.

I seem to have less energy now that I don't expend as much energy...wierd.

Seems to fly into the face of the laws of thermodynamics.

I have used LESS energy, therefore I should have more energy at the end of a day,
whereas physical labour should expend MORE energy so I should have less at the end of the day.

Guess that is not how the human body works.

Never professed to be a biologist or medical student, but something just don't seem right there.

Anywhoo...'nuff with the soapbox.

Gotta snooze. Big day tommorrow. Watching the Roughriders (Hopefully) Kick Edmonton's Butt, spending some time with 3 of the most awesome Christian brothers I know, and gonna end the night with home made barb-que burgers and American Sun Tea.

Hey - I know why I don't have any energy! Its those burgers! LOL...but they sure gonna taste goood!

Peace -Moose

3 comments:

Trail Rider said...

LOL
Gotta love those endorphins! The body's natural high...
I was super tired and ready to nap when I decided to exsercise instead. I still can't believe I did that. So yesterday, before the thanksgiving supper, I'm ready to just crash and I throw in my workout video and just giver.
Whadda know, I was alert, happy, energetic and I didn't feel as guilty for eating that super yummy cherry pie.......(yuuuuuuummmmmmmm)
I guess it's all about building strength. If you don't use it, you lose it. Same truth in the spirit realm too.

Thanks for your thoughts today.
bless you

BayouMaMa said...

Whoa! That is so funny that we both wrote about being tired. LOL!

I totally agree...I have all of the gadgets and gizmos that my grandmother didn't...but she seemed to enjoy her life so much more. What's that saying?...KISS...Keep It Simple, Stupid. I guess all of our technological advances, have taken away the simplicity of days gone by...now we have too many choices and life has become complicated.

I know this is your blog, so please forgive me for hogging it...but I'm working this out in my head. It's kind of like Adam and Eve...they thought that once they acquired more knowledge (to know good and evil), that they would be all the more wise for it.

Today...technological advances are increasing by leaps and bounds...and we, have bought into the same lie as Adam and Eve, perhaps. Except it hasn't made us wiser...I think it's made things too easy for us...and now, we're lazy (at least I can be). And we're tired, because we truly think we're able to take it all on...that all of our "devices" will make it easier.

Once again, there is nothing new under the sun. God is right...about everything. His ways are so much higher than our ways. I'm so glad He can keep it all together and never grow weary. He is an awesome God.

Princess Warrior said...

Hey Steve,

you are marvelous! I have the same energy problem. Should we challenge each other to go for at least a twenty minute walk per week? I know I had more energy when I was running:) See ya tonight!