Saturday, December 10, 2005

Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Tonite is our last night for our Annual Christmas Dessert Concert of the Heart.

This is an opportunity to bring in others who do not know God or who have not been to our church a chance to learn about Him and hear our churches' heart.

It is the first one I have sang in and most definitely the first time I have ever played a Jamba :)

Was so blessed last night to see how God moved very differently through the exact same set of music, dance, drama, and worship.

God met everyone exactly how each different audience's needs were. What an awesome God we serve!

Was nervous because I haven't sang in church for a very long time. I used to be a worship leader in a couple of churches but basically have been just soaking in God's Spirit, healing and learning.

This was the first time that I have stepped out like this in my church.

And God was there.

I noticed that every time we sang, (I sang two songs with my Bible Study group and once with my Junior Youth Group each seating) that the songs changed from us performing to us worshipping Him in Spirit and in Truth.

In short. God showed up. And it was amazing. Each act signified an aspect of God and His Word.

Eternity: The show started with a power point "Love Song" about God, His love, and His plan. Wow Christopher, great job bro!

Creation: Then I sang with my Transformations group God of Wonders. Awesome job guys! You guys are such a blessing!

Moses & Passover: Then Pastor's wife Wanda, Tanya (From our Transformations group), and Krista sang O Come, O Come, Emmanuel and Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming Accapella with accompaniment by Arianna and Janet! Incredible! A little bit of our Angelic host on Heaven guys!

Then there was a music video by Kelly (My accountability partner and freind from my Transformations group) from the Prince of Egypt. The song There can be miracles if you believe was powerful set against short clips from the movie especially the parting of the Red sea, and Moses meeting with God at the burning bush! Wow...gonna have to watch that movie again!

Then there was a short intermission, with of course, desserts.

Angel: Then Tanya (Transformations...again :) Sang a song called Who Would Imagine a King with a video of baby Jesus on the screen...Powerful that that little baby was born a King, of this earth and the next! What an incredible reminder!

Star: Then my man Jessie :) did a monologue as the Innkeeper watching the Wisemen show up and worship Jesus...wow...that was awesome! Jessie was one of my Junior youth last year and man he is growing in God! Good job little brother!

Birth of Jesus: This was followed by an incredible song by Aline and Jamie. How Mary felt being with Jesus, the handmaiden of the Lord, the immaculate conception. WOW...Aline and Jamie are wife and husband respectively and between them they made up a considerable Dianna Krall in style at least! The song was called The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. It was simply amazing!

Then there was a question and answer time with the question how has God changed / affected your life. Man, I was blessed by the answers of our church. The testimonies of God's power were undeniable!

Light of the World: Next Dale, Andrew and myself got to do our song Joy the the World 60's rockin style with our Junior Youth. I played the Jamba and sang. Wow was that fun! Dale got ahold of these goofy Santa hats and the kids did actions / dancing to the song. What a Blast! I sure am proud of our Junior Youth they did a bang up job!

Crucifixion: Next Kevin, Tobi, and Corey did the Sticky chair routine drama short...man that was great. It started really funny and then got really serious as we ponder what Christ did for us. The chair was not supposed to be touched as it singnified sin, and as Tobi got more and more stuck to it, Corey kept reaching out to him. To the side Jesus was being crucified and as He died, Tobi was freed by praying with Corey...wow...what an awesome picture. The song this was done to was Jesus is still all right by DC talk...What a great Job guys!

As Corey and Tobi scoot off stage we were left to see Kevin as the crucified Christ, as the spotlight darkened on him,

God's Heart: Kelly and Lani were illuminated and started to sing Love Crucified Arose...what a powerful song. The words and the Title really hit me. Love Crucified Arose as in Jesus the embodiment of Love arose, and as Love Crucified a Rose, how God sent His Son, the Rose of Sharon to die for us. Incredible. Lani and Kelly are also husband and wife, and I was so blessed by their ministry.

The Church: Next was Lloanne, Aline, Stevie, Natasha, and Sonya who performed ballet dance to I Love the Lord...wow...that is all I have to say...that was the most incredible worship in dance I had ever seen...blew my mind.

Heaven: Our wonderful pastor then sang a song called This Little Child. Wow...I could not help but weep every time I heard this. The heart of God is so much in this song. As Pastor Terry sang the chorus the second time which goes "I Believe, and I wall always sing, this little child, Is a King, I Believe, and I will always sing, this little child is the King of Kings!" everyone involved in the concert stood up where ever they were and sang this chorus. What a powerful proclaimation. As we all stood and sang I felt in my Spirit a soaring and nearness of God that overpowered me. You could not have said you did not meet God if you were in that sanctuary...it was incredible!

At the end for conclusion and dismissal our transformations group sang Prince of Peace. Wow...that was amazing. We just worshipped...

After two sets of this last night, I basically floated home in God's Spirit, I got to hang with some incredible people from my church before I did, but wow...what a blessing. To say I had a good night is an understatement!

God is so Good! Well gotta go...having supper with my brother Chuck and going back to church tonite to let God do it all over again! Lord I am so Blessed! God Bless You. -Moose

Remember, however cliche it may sound, it is still truth : Jesus STILL IS the Reason for the Season!

3 comments:

Chris said...

yeah, you can add me on your page

Nin said...

Yeah it was amazing! I thought for sure after both nights of rehersals, and three showings of the same thing, that I'd get bored of it all, but no way. Was touched each time, especially by Terry's song. Whoa....

Ryan said...

Moose you legend!!
Thanks heaps for your prayers brother!
Praing for you over there too man. Sounds like its going really well.

Your an awesome man of God Moose...by the way I like the youth blog idea. We should set up something...

Ryno