Friday, December 09, 2005

So Encouraged

So Encouraged...

Today I had a pretty good day at work. Got lots done, but that was not what made it a good day. It was a good day because I felt no pain today.

I was so encouraged last night and tonite by God.

I have been going to practices for our annual Christmas Concerts of the Heart last couple nights.

There are a lot of incredible people there with a lot of talent. I am so blessed to be in such a church.

I am singing in 3 songs, one with our wonderful junior youth I help lead, and two songs with my Transformations Bible Study group.

As I saw and heard through the hearts of the people sharing, I was so blessed and encouraged by how much our people in our church love God and others.

You know, it almost seemed like the fellowship of doing something together as a church almost seemed to eclipse the concerts coming up.

It was so encouraging to feel the love one for another our church has.

Of course we are going to do our best for the concert, there are actually 3 of them, two on Friday, one on Saturday.

We are going to worship God with everything we do. Our focus is God.

And then...

After I went and met my brothers Joe, Darcy, and Ryan down at Joe Dogs, our favorite sports bar / restaurant.

Man the encouragement when brothers dwell together in unity!

It was such a blessing to hang with other brothers who can encourage and pray and share struggles openly with each other, to know that you are not alone, and be encouraged that God can meet all our needs.

Watching some good hockey on the big screen did not hurt either :)

I am amazed lately how God has shown up at our meetings and ministered to one another 's hearts.

To share one another's burdens, to not have to be perfect, being real and open with one another without condemnation but only love and encouragement is awesome.

So here I am, I am physically exhausted, but spiritually blessed. I basically floated home tonite in God's Spirit :)

And no it ain't the root beers, the chicken wings, nor the ice cream baseball mits taking :)

God is Good!

Bless yas. -Moose

4 comments:

CWG said...

Oh man the wings were "talking" to me last night...It was a blesing hanging with you guys last night. I was saying to Joe outside that it is so cool that Thursday nights starterd with him and I. We always prayed and ask God to extend our time together and we desired to reach out to other brothers. Then you ame along and we bonded quite well. Now Ryan is hanging with us...it's cool how relationships work..very blessed to be a part of that relationship. (Would have ben better if the flames were playing/winning though)
Bless ya buddy.

Nin said...

Good to hear you guys are walking in your purpose. Me and "little-me" watched a video yesterday about butterflies. I always knew that butterflies were generally parralelled with our spiritual walk, we're new creations, we're being made into butterflies....so on and so on. Well, I learned something so neat. When butterflies come out of their cocoons, they only have a few weeks to live. So, they spend all that time on one sole purpose, looking for a mate to reproduce itself before it's time is up. Isn't that neat? That's totally our calling, to reproduce ourselves before it's too late, either too late for us, or too late for that certain someone who needs to hear the good news. Thought I'd share, thought it was cool. Blessings! Keep up the brotherly love :)

Ryan said...

Hey Moose
Sounds like fun. God is good hey.

Ryan

JessDavies said...

Hey moose,
u dont know me bout i go 2 ryan waters' youth group..
anyways i think god is so amazing!
we also have a christmas production comming up.. and im dancing in it!! im really looking 4ward 2 it.. and 2 give God praise!!
check out my blogspot..
k luv jess xx