Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wheel in the Sky

Lyrics by Journey

Winter is here again oh lord,
Haven’t been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer

Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I’ve been runnin’ down this dusty road

(Chorus)
Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin’
I don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow
Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin’

I’ve been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can’t take this very much longer

I’m stranded in the sleet and rain
Don’t think I’m ever gonna make it home again

The mornin’ sun is risin’
It’s kissing the day

(chorus)
Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin’
I don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow
Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin’

So many things spoke to me through this song as I listened to it.

Winter is here again, looks to stay. Man I hate winter. I could settle for summer all year long...

If it just snowed on Christmas then melted away, I would be exuberant.

I can only pray that Global warming is a reality, I would love for where I live to become Florida :)

Ok..ok...I don't Really wish that...I know that global warming is causing things like Tsunamis, and what happened to Louisianna,

But I digress...

Oh yeah, the wheel in the sky...

Seems like I haven't been home in such a long time. I miss my family. They all live in the same little town and have most of their lives, I however have always had a restless heart and always longed for the big city amenities even though I really cannot stand living in a city. Dunno, never really felt there were ever many opportunities in my home town of Carrot River, Saskatchewan (which incidentally has no river nor carrots :) But I miss the people, my family, and every time I leave to come home it is that much more harder to leave.

Seems I have been running down this dusty road for a very long time.

But the morning sun keeps kissing the day, and with every sunrise, I know that God has given me one more day to do something with my life, and one more day closer to being who He has called me to be and more more day to be with my family both physical and spiritual.

I have been through so much sleet and rain in my life figuratively and physically and spiritually, and down so many desert, dusty roads, when I get home, on this earth, and in the next, even though I don't know where I will be tommorrow, I know that God does. This is what I was ultimately reminded of.

Yeah, its not a Christian song, but it reminded me of God. Kinda has a motorcycle riding feel to it. When the song takes off, I imagine my self taking off, shifting gears, the engine winding up...When it hits the chorus, I can just imagine cracking the throttle through turns...at one with the machine, feeling it respond to the lightest touch.

Those who ride will understand, those wo do not won't.

Mabey a part of me is still on the run. Even though this Mustang is in the corrall, my heart sometimes still feels wild and wants to run.

I don't know, I am the most free when I am blasting down the highway on my Harley, banging gears, leaning into turns, chasing the wind, breathing in the smells of nature, with a kalediscope of sky from horizon to horizon as my own personal art gallery, and life coursing through my veins.

Some of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had was on my Harley, running with others down the highways of life, the headlights bouncing in the pale moonlight, with a carpet of stars from horizon to horizon, on a warm summers night, with the wonderful drone of a V twin singing out its metallic song. The sound of straight pipes harmonizing to beautiful Harley music. Setting up camp to the headlight of a motorcycle, and going to sleep under the stars to the ping, ping, sounds of an old shovelhead cooling off in the dew filled night.

It is those times, that I am reminded that God is indeed good, and I am truly free.

Thanks for letting me bend your ear. Blessings -Moose

3 comments:

Chris said...

I've always wanted to ride on a Harley but haven't had the chance yet. My father in law has one and I'll be seeing him next week so maybe!

Moose said...

:) IF ya do, have a putt for me...If he will let ya take it for a spin :) Blessings -Moose

Trail Rider said...

I absoulutly love your writting gift! I know I've said this like a million times, but you truly are gifted here, in writing your thoughts.
I can just picture you riding your bike, and your hair flying all over. I can even hear the bike reving....

You are a blessing to me.