Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sometimes I feel so good, I gotta scream...

Sometimes I feel so good, I gotta scream...

I had a GREAT Day today. Sometimes a rare thing...

Thank God!

Was listening to one of my favorite bands, the Tragically Hip and they said it exactly how I felt it...

Their website is on my links if ya want to check them out.

Bless Yas -Moose

New Orleans is Sinking
Lyrics by the Tragically Hip

Bourbon blues on the street, loose and complete
Under skies all smokey blue-green
I can't forsake a dixie dead-shake
So we danced the sidewalk clean
My memory is muddy, what's this river that I'm in?
New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim

Colonel Tom, What's wrong? What's going on?
You can't tie yourself up for a deal
He said, "Hey north you're south shut your big mouth,
You gotta do what you feel is real"
Ain't got no picture postcards, ain't got no souvenirs
My baby, she don't know me when I'm thinking bout those years

Pale as a light bulb hanging on a wire
Sucking up to someone just to stoke the fire
Picking out the highlights of the scenery
Saw a little cloud that looked a little like me

I had my hands in the river
My feet back up on the banks
Looked up to the lord above
And said, "Hey man thanks"
Sometimes I feel so good, I gotta scream
She said Gordie baby I know exactly what you mean

She said, she said, I swear to god she said...
My memory is muddy what's this river that I'm in?
New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim

4 comments:

Nin said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Chris said...

I don't think I could ever survive if i lived there where it got that cold! Unless God called me there. I'm too hot natured! I like it when it's in the 80's for me... just perfect!!! That's awesome you ride motorcycles, our church is having our annual motorcycle show and fun run in April if you happen to be in the San Antonio, Texas area at that time!

BayouMaMa said...

Some day! Music is so powerful...interesting song. I've never heard it. It pretty much sums up what's happening here.

You will be hearing lots of talk debating whether or not the Mardi Gras parades will go on. If they "party" too much, it will appear they do not need any outside help (and they need LOTS.) If they do not "party," they fear it will lower an already low morale. Truthfully, Mardi Gras could be one of the most sinful displays of revelry there is. Some will disagree, and they can have their opinions...but I know first hand about the filth on Bourbon Street.

Moose said...

Yeah bayoumama, I do not know a lot of what happens at Mardi Gras, or Bourbon Street, I just know that the words highlighted were how I was feeling :) Truthfully I have never been out of Canada, and all I know about Mardi Gras I basically know from the movie Easy Rider, a biker movie and from Abbott and Costello go to Mars...thats it, thats all :) The band that sings this is Canadian...Blessings -Moose